Throttle-Pro Wireless Throttles
Don't you just hate the tangle of wires that happens around the powerbase in the heat of racing? Wouldn't you like to stand near the hairpin corner to watch you car round safely? Well now you can! Our wireless throttles will convert a standard Scalextric digital throttle into a wireless throttle quickly and easily. By making use of a PC's bluetooth wireless, you can connect all 6 throttles wirelessly to a PC, and control you cars as if you were directly connected to the powerbase.
The Throttle-Pro Wireless Throttle is a small "black box" that allows you to plug in a standard Scalextric Digital throttle. It reads the throttle signal, and then transmits that signal over a bluetooth connection to your PC. The PC processes the throttle signal and then transmits it to the powerbase in order to drive your car. All of this happens in fractions of a second, with no noticeable throttle lag.
Below is a video of the throttles in use at a Scalextric Digital club in Ramsgate, UK. You can see the Throttle-Pro Wireless Throttles clipped into the drivers' trouser pockets.
The throttles are available in two specifications:
- Throttle-Pro Standard: which transmits a standard wireless throttle signal, with throttle, lane change and brake values.
- Throttle-Pro "With knobs on": which transmits the standard wireless signal, with throttle, lane change and brake values.
Additionally, it provides:
- a switch that can switch the car lights on and off (requires InCar-Pro firmware on InCar chip), and soon sound a horn, start a track call, or enable KERS
- a rotary knob that can adjust the cars braking on the fly as you go around the track
Please note that these throttles are not compatible with the C7030 powerbase or a PB-Pro modified C7030 powerbase. They do however work exceptionally well with the C7042 Advanced 6-Car powerbase.
The current prices are:
- Throttle-Pro Standard: £55 per unit + p&p
- Throttle-Pro "with knobs on": £65 per unit + p&p
Below are some pictures of the Throttle-Pro "with knobs on". You can see:
- the brake adjustment on the front
- the options button, throttle connection and power/connection led on the top
- and the belt clip and battery compartment on the back.
The Throttle-Pro measures 60 mm wide x 100 mm high x 20 mm deep and weighs 120 grams (including the 9V PP3 battery).